Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday, Oct 26. We wake to a covering of pea soup on the Slade creek. No stars this morning, just a thick mist. So, at first light, we sail "into the misty"............
brings to mind the song by Van Morrison, but LOL, it's not misty, it is mystic but......oh well!  We love Van Morrison, his song Moondance is why the boat is called Fantabulous!

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
Then magnificently we will float into the mystic
And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when thst fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will float into the mystic
Come on girl...

and so we did..............





But, as we sail on, just shows to go ya, the sun is still shinning, even though you can't see it.
We passed alot of fishing boats along the way today. crossed the Neuse river and pulled into River Dunes Marina. Still no cell phone coverage! that's a bit frustrating, to say the least! (,we do, however, have TV and internet........ah my creature comforts!) but they have a phone that they let the boaters use, so I called mom and dad who were glad to hear from me. We are safe and listen to news of Hurricane Sandy and how it will affect us.



1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, you sound like an "old salt". I love your posts and your pictures are great. Sounds like you're having an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete